Some more librfid hacking
Today I fixed a number of long-standing bugs in librfid, resulting mainly from
the conversion to autoconf/automake. Now, finally, users can actually use the
native CCID driver again, rather than using OpenCT.
Also updated the README, added a udev rules file and started to make the
librfid-tool program (formerly OpenCT-escape) a bit more flexible and
user-accessible. It's my sincere hope that some other users (i.e. from the
CCC) will write the missing user interface stuff and fix some remaining bugs...
Porting Motorola's TS07.10 MUX driver to 2.6.x
Since Motorola has finally released the source code for the mux_cli.o and
gprsv.o modules of their 2.4.17 kernel on opensource.motorola.com, I've started
to clean them up and port them to 2.6.x.
Due to the questionable coding style of that original source code, and the many
interface changes in the TTY layer between 2.4.x and 2.6.x, this turns out to
be a bigger task than expected. With some luck, I'll find some time tomorrow
at ph-neutral to finish the initial port.
Once that code works on 2.6.x, I already have a quite long list of TODO's.
First of all, the lower-layer interface needs to be cleaned up. Ideally, the
whole TS 07.10 implementation is a TTY line discipline that can be stacked on
top of any UART, together with a virtual/fake UART that makes use of the
Motorola specific TS07.10 USB transport.