The days of the netfilter workshop passed quite fast, and I'm finally back to my home in Berlin now. In case you're interested, here is a link to the group photo.
Among other things, we've had the following major decisions at the workshop:
- Patrick McHardy finally officially head of the coreteam
- ulogd2 will see an official release candidate soon
- we want to merge ipset soon
- we will try to shift future developments in the direction of libnl and slowly deprecate libnetfilter_*
- we will move the netfilter and netfilter-devel lists to vger.kernel.org since we don't have to care about spam filtering there. Other, lower-traffic lists remain on lists.netfilter.org
- we will switch to git even for userspace code, at least for the iptables source code